Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Vintage 1960’s Marx The “John Wayne” Alamo Toy Playset w/ over 100 Pieces & Box
I am pleased to offer this Vintage 1960s “John Wayne” The Alamo Playset! This set was dubbed the “John Wayne” set because Marx re-released this set to capitalize on the John Alamo movie in 1960. This fabulous “Magic Marxie” toy comes in its original box with:
- 16 Sombrero Mexican Soldiers
- 20 Shako Mexican Soldiers
- 30 Pioneer/Alamo Defenders (10 Silver, 10 Tan, 10 Gray)
- 5 Spring-firing canons w/ 38 shells (2 full sprues)
- Lithographed tin Chapel w/ 8 Lithographed tin wall sections
- Plastic Gatehouse w/ Doors
- 10 Horses
- Fences, Trees, Flagpole, Cacti, and other various scenery items
- Original Assembly Instructions
- Original Marx Box
This set is in good condition, and has been previously been played with. The set isn’t complete with all of the original pieces and is sold as is. There is some light scratching to the tin, but the lithograph remains bright and vibrant. Some of the small plastic pieces show some light bending from storage/play. The original box shows some moderate edge wear, some light staining, and numerous small/medium holes from storage.
**NOTE** Due to quantity of items and area constrictions, every item may not be shown in photographs.
Box measures approx. 24″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 4-1/2″ HOur High Resolution Photographs are taken for your review and inspection of the item in detail. Please review and feel free to ask any question you may have.
International buyers must request shipping cost please!Thank you for viewing!