- Very unique and interesting Antique Bowie Knife
- 9″ Large Clip Point blade with embossed Stars and “Annie Oakley”
- I*XL trade marks and “G. Wostenholm & Son Washington Works Sheffield” Stamp Near Spine
- Nice Hollow Sterling Silver Cutlery Handle, marked “A.C.S. Sterling”
- Very Nice fitted Display Box, Lid marked “G. Wostenholm & Son Washington Works Sheffield” , I*XL, “A.Oakley”
- Blade measures 13-1/4″ Total Length
- An amazing piece for any collection!
Annie Oakley was a famous sharpshooter who toured with Wild Buffalo Bill and his Wild West Show during the late 1800s. She was known for shooting over her shoulder, using the reflection of her Bowie Knife Blade to aim. She traveled with the show in the early 1890s over to England.
This knife maybe have been a commemorative piece, a souvenir from the show, or maybe even just a “fad” item produced by Wostenholm during the Wild West Hype.
The handle is peculiar, as the Mark looks to me to be perhaps Solingen, but it’s definetly not British as there are no Hallmarks. It could be a later replacement to have fancied the knife up, but there’s no finite answer.
The exact truth behind this knife is unknown, however what is known is that it is truly an amazing display piece that can spawn great conversation. It will hold a center spot in any collection with worth.
OurHigh Resolution Photographs are taken for your review and inspection of the item in detail. Please review and feel free to ask any question you may have.
International buyers must request shipping cost please! Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to View Our Store to see our extensive inventory of great Antiques, Collectibles, Vintage Toys, Photographs, and more!